BB7Dish - Ya Just Can't Get Enough

Thanks for making our first foray into blogworld such a success! September 1st, we passed 100,000 visits to the blog - unreal. In the beginning, we were thrilled to have 150 in a day, and now we're averaging 4-5,000. We couldn't have done it without all your support. :) We'll be here blogging till the very end, and then we'll get started on the Survivor and TAR blogs... Please check the sidebar for those links.



 
Web bb7dish.blogspot.com

Watch Big Brother All Stars 24/7 on SuperPass
2 Weeks Free! No Strings Attached!
Watch Big Brother All Stars on SuperPass
They're Re-Running the Feeds!

Or, if You Need Help Cancelling the Feeds:
CLICK HERE!

Friday, September 15, 2006

He Said, She Said

EW.com article:
Mike Boogie, the winner of ''Big Brother: All-Stars,'' and Erika, his jilted house romance and runner-up, talk to Jessica Shaw about the consequences of playing evil

It's hard to rejoice about Mike Boogie winning $500,000 on Big Brother: All-Stars for basically being one of the most despicable human beings ever to stand in front of a camera. Nonetheless, the guy won fair and square, with a near-unanimous vote in his favor. Of course, he's got his due, by having to fly coach (!) with Erika (!!) all day the Wednesday after the finale. The former lovebirds spoke with EW.com by phone before their flight back to L.A. took off. At least we kept them from killing each other for a few minutes. (In fact, Erika at first didn't want to talk to us, but in the end, she decided to take our call and set a few things straight.)

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: How are you feeling about yourself today, Boogie?
MIKE ''BOOGIE'' MALIN: I haven't slept yet. We went right from the show to the airport. That was a little stressful ride, with Erika. Then we went to Rosie [a.k.a. The View], and she raked me over the coals. I think I have an idea of how the show went down.

Are you saying you don't remember anything you said?
Everyone needs to remember this is a game and a reality show and it's television. What are you going to do?

That's one way of looking at it. But back to the car ride to the airport: Describe the stress between you and Erika.
It was definitely an icy ride to the airport. Her whole family wants to kill me. We didn't talk really until we almost got to New York on the plane.

And then what happened? You went to sit next to her to beg forgiveness?
No, she moved into the seat next to me. We talked it out a little. It's the one show where you don't tape it, go home for three months, and watch it. So you're relying on a lot of other people's opinions. You don't know how you've been edited.

What did you tell Erika when you spoke?

I just told her to reserve judgment for when she watches the show herself and to always keep in mind that my feelings were true. I said to think of it like the movie Grease. You have this thing with a guy and he goes and shows off and plays it down to his buddies. It just so happened my buddies were the American public. It's not the best example, but I do admit to being a bit of a showoff. But at the end of the day, we were playing a game. I didn't do anything unethical or immoral. I'm sorry her feelings are hurt, but I was there for myself.

Any regrets?
I regret that she feels bad. But Will and I are very adept in providing entertaining television. That show doesn't work well when people sit around and are nice. Five years ago I was nice and didn't get anything out of it. At the time I was making a lot of those statements, I was under the assumption that she was doing the same. I thought for sure people were saying bad things about me as well.

It's interesting to me because at first I thought Erika would win. But then when I saw how the jury was talking about her, I thought she was so hated she didn't have a chance.
What people need to understand is the people who were in the house and closest to what really went on have those feelings about her. It's kind of like, ''Don't cry for me, Argentina.'' She was doing things with me to advance herself in the game as well. It's just because she's a girl that people are making her look like an injured party.

I guess Rosie really went into you today.
I guess I should have known going on a women's program that it was going to be like that. It's very hypocritical because Janelle up to the last second told Will he was staying. That's okay, but I can't hook up? In the end my actions spoke louder than words. I promised to take her to the end, and I did. Anyway, this is Entertainment Weekly. I think you should go with the ''partner of Ashton Kutcher, Danny Masterson, and Wilmer Valderrama wins Big Brother: All-Stars'' approach.

Okay, tell me about those alleged restaurants you're investing in.
You know, I just saw Ashton on The View. He was taping something, and Ashton was like, ''Dude. You were harsh. But I was happy seeing the Dolce shirts on there.'' We have three restaurants we're doing in Atlanta with Ashton and Danny and Wilmer and Chris [Masterson] and Laura Prepon. I'm going to reinvest the money in those projects.

Did you and Will have an arrangement before the show in which you agreed that whoever won would simply invest in joint ventures?
You can't have arrangements like that because of the FCC. But Will is also an investor in the Atlanta project. You know what I'm saying. Everyone wins.

Let's talk about Will. What was up with you crying hysterically after he got voted off?
My dream was for Will and me to go to the finals, even if I would have lost to him. People want to paint me as a bad person, but I was willing to lose to Will if to honor Chill Town. It was just such an ambush. That's what's so funny — all the media are coming at me like I'm this bad guy, but those girls schemed and lied and kicked Will out. They're just as guilty.

You keep getting interrupted by fans at JFK Airport. Are they loving you or hating you?
It's half and half.

Do you think any woman will ever want to go out with you again?
I guess I'm not too popular with women right now. But the great thing about America is everyone loves a winner. That's a good one. You can quote me on that.

Okay, done. Did you consider giving the Aruba trip or something to Erika as an olive branch?
No, not at all. I'm going to give the car to my mom. And the trip to a friend of mine who's been out of work for a while. The plasma TV is going to my business partner. I did this to share with my family and friends.

What was the last week in the house like?
It was a little awkward. I mean, I think she thought she would win. I don't think she knew I was going to smash her like that. I knew the worst case it was 5-2 me. I thought Howie or George might vote for her.

I understand you and Erika went out a bit before the show. Was that strategy as well?
We went on a couple of dates before the show. That was real. I genuinely enjoyed her company. I didn't think I was going to get on the show, to be honest. When we both got on, it was an added bonus.

What did Will say to you last night after you saw each other?
Will just said, ''Man, you have no idea what's going on. We're really hated but also really loved.'' We had a good laugh.

It's interesting because Will seems to be the Teflon half of Chill Town. No one blames him for anything, and yet people are ready to murder you.
Will has this kind of way about him. That's what inspired me to be like this. Five years ago I was the nice guy, and he acted like this, and everyone forgave him. This year I was like him, and I got vilified. It's like damned if you do, damned if you don't. At the end of the day it's about my friends and my family. I'm not going to allow strangers to judge me.

Were you surprised by how the voting went? I never expected Howie to vote for you!
I totally predicted the voting. Out of the jury there were six all-stars and one jaded queen. The all-stars voted for the best player. Maybe it's because he wasn't around long enough to see the actual game being played, but I played the best game out of anyone. Erika played a great second-place game. Will and I played circles out of anyone. I respect Howie immensely for putting his personal feelings aside.

Did you ever consider for a second taking Janelle to the finals?
Janelle has the same qualities as Will in that she can do no wrong. With her competition numbers she would have been impossible to beat. All she would have to do was stand up and say, ''Look how many challenges I won.'' I respected her as a player. If I knew I'd win no matter what, I would have taken her.

Janelle seems to think Erika threw that final HOH competition. Did she?No, she didn't. I think Janelle might think she did, but Erika tried. She didn't know for sure that I was going to take her.

What did the show psychologist make of you when you had your obligatory post-finale meeting?
Obviously I was on cloud nine. I told the lady I might be calling her later, but they had just handed me a check for $500,000. I didn't need to see a psychiatrist. I needed to see an accountant.

To read the rest of the article, Erika's half, please go to She Said.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's pretty bad... Ikind of feel for Boogie and Erika now even though I kind of hated them on the show!

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Help us reach Our Goal: Top 10 by the end!!
Click Here to Visit!